Friday, November 26, 2004

What is TEN BUCKS?

Opening my friendster account recently, I stumbled upon this post in the bulletin board from one of my best pals encouraging her friends to contribute to a notable cause. Bes, if you don't mind I'm borrowing your post so that others may know. Here it goes:

Hello. I would like to ask you guys a favor. On my way home from watching The Incredibles last week, I dropped by the nearby McDonald's to buy something to eat. I noticed that they have these kids' pics posted all over the store. Turns out, McDonald's has an ongoing program wherein patrons (that's you and me) may SPONSOR a child's EDUCATION for only ten bucks.

TEN BUCKS
For only ten bucks, you can make a difference in a child's life. For ten bucks, you can secure his future. For ten bucks, you can make the world a better place.

Ten bucks. I bet you don't even notice ten bucks if its missing from your pockets. Ten bucks. Don't you waste hundreds (if not thousands) on clothes you don't even wear more than thrice? You burn 40 bucks a day on cigarettes, an average of 50 bucks just to play Ragnarok or go Cam to Cam on YM, more than a hundred bucks on a Starbucks Coffee (which you don't even appreciate; but you drink nevertheless, coz it's "starbucks"), an average of 22 bucks on text messages daily (accrdng to a recent study), and other SUPERFICIAL things that DON'T REALLY MATTER.

What matters? Charity, that's what. And education. Here, Mc Donald's have provided for us a chance to make a difference in somebody's life.

Let's not let this opportunity pass us by. This is not about YOU feeling good about giving, THIS IS ABOUT A POOR CHILD'S CHANCE TO GET TO SCHOOL.

What's ten bucks? It's a difference in a poor child's life that's worth more than a million bucks.

DO YOUR SHARE
Come on, let's all do our share. Bes, thank you for letting me borrow your post. Ten bucks that's all is needed and a little compassion towards our less fortunate brothers and sisters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten bucks = 10 * 56 = 560 pesos. I'm just bothered by the use of the word "bucks" to mean pesos- never appropriate in the said context.--ance

November 29, 2004 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home